Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500V1 + 500V2 System Licenses >> Server Virtual Edition R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

finest

MIS
May 11, 2011
US
We have several old 500V1 and 500V2 systems that we would like to shut down and migrate users to a new single R11 Server Virtual install.

Will we be able to combine and merge all of our various licenses (Avaya endpoints, 3rd party endpoints, Mobile users, Power users) and get any value from those licenses and upgrade them to R11 Server Virtual.

At least one of the sites is Pro/Preferred - R9 or even before - will that license have any value? I don't see they have an R9 to Preferred/Virtual UPLIFT. Or should we just keep that separate?

We don't plan on having any physical locations, so we won't be keeping a 500V2 anyplace as an expansion unit.

Thank you.

They are all ADI licenses (dongles, smartcards, SD cards) - can those be moved?
Thanks!

They would need to be upgraded to get them to PLDS and then they can be moved.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

I thought Avaya had stopped upgrades from ADI but not had to look at this recently.

The server edition includes preferred edition.

An Avaya partner/Disti will help you to do an upgrade license from ADI to PLDS, R9 to R11(Avaya endpoints, 3rd party endpoints, Mobile users, Power users), no option to upgrade Preferred Edition to SE Edition.

383651 IP OFFICE R10+ AVAYA IP ENDPOINT 1 ADI MIGRATION LIC:CU

The knowledgebase suggests that the Preferred edition licence will give an extra two ports on the Server edition but not 100%n clear.

You can certainly do a system upgrade for the 500v2's, not sure about the 500v1's. We got into the IPO game after the Nortel buyout and have only installed v2's.

The upgrade cost is based on the licenses and is not insignificant, somewhere close to half if I remember my sales guy's bitching correctly. You may need to get some pricing and run the numbers on if it is cheaper once labour is factored in to just buy new.

- Qz

It may talk about Voice Mail Port.
2 Messaging Ports included with the Essential Edition, 4 VoiceMail Pro ports included with Preferred and 2 VoiceMail Pro ports that are included with each Mid-Market Server Edition license

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back