Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500 Sets/Faxes - Not able to send but can receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahki

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a 61C - Release 24, Issue 25. There are 2 500 lines set up for fax machines. They are able to receive faxes but are not able to send. I have tested each line physically with a regular 500 set and both DIDs are working properly so I am trying to determine if it is a switch issue or the actual fax machines themselves (another dept. handles maintenance on them). I have checked to make sure the DRNG on the RDB is set to No, which it is. I even tried outting the current TNs and copying a known working 500 fax TN to the old TNs to see if that would make any difference but to no avail. The TNs of both are below. Any suggestions?

Thanks-
Laura

REQ: prt
TYPE: tn
TYPE TNB
TN 5 0 8 7
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES CORP
TN 005 0 08 07
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
DN 4874 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Collections Fax 2
XPLN 17
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST
SCI 0
CLS UNR DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA
MCRD SHL ABDD CFHD
USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD PGND FTTU
PLEV 02
AACS NO
DATE 20 OCT 2003

NACT
REQ: prt
TYPE: tn
TYPE TNB
TN 24 0 15 0
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES CORP
TN 024 0 15 00
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 4813 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Asset Management Fax
XPLN 20
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST
SCI 0
CLS UNR DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA
MCRD SHL ABDD CFHD
USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD PGND FTTU
PLEV 02
AACS NO
DATE 20 OCT 2003

USE YOUR BUTT SET AND DIAL OUT IF YOU CAN GET OUT ITS THE FAX MACHINE.

It's just been reported that none of our fax machines are able to receive faxes - I have NO idea where or what to look for? Any ideas????

Sorry - should have added - we had to completely shut down the switch this weekend for a power conversion in the data center. Everything seemed to come up clean. Should I restore the backup I did?

FIRST YOU SAID THEY COULD RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND, THEN YOU SAY THEY CAN'T RECEIVE.??????

IF A ANALOG SET WORKS THE ONLY OTHER THING TO CHECK IS YOUR CLOCKING SOURCE IF YOU HAVE T1'S, IF YOU DON'T HAVE T1'S NOT YOUR TROUBLE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

We have over 15 fax machines and various ones were acting differently (I work as a desktop engineer & do web development as well as the telecom engineer and have been swamped this week - that's why the misinformation). I eventually had to move all the TNs of the machines not working to new ones and re-punch the connections on the MDF to get them to work. Thank you very much for your assistance however!

Laura

Thers is a CLS for fax services to be enabled on the 500 sets ...

Cant remember the exact one .. jus check the DOC...

THanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back