Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500 Set ringing when digital set rolls to 2nd extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbsarge

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2001
US
Option 11

We have a tech support line here (2616) that rolls to it's second DN when someone is on the first one. We also have a cordless analog set for convenience in case the support person needs to go out in the lab or is roaming around. It rings when someone calls in on the first DN but, if someone is on that first DN it doesn't ring - argh.

Can anyone think of a way to get it to ring when the call rolls to the second DN?

[!]The AutoSavers![/!] [2thumbsup]

I think they may have come down, been out for awhile. could setup MCR so the main line can be answered??

MCR ON AN ANALOGUE
(MCRD) Multiple Call Arrangement Denied basic-15
MCRA Multiple Call Arrangement Allowed

Mato' Was'aka

So with it set up as an MCR if someone was on the first extension (1187) and a call came in that rolled to the second extension (2187) it would ring on and be able to be picked up by the analog phone?

when answered, key is free again on the other MCR sets. If you and I had it, I answer it, your line is back to free

Mato' Was'aka

I don't understande how MCR works...

If a call comes in to DN 1234 and I pick it up how can it become free if I'm still on the line? How does the PBX route a call to one version of DN 1234 and not all of them? Isn't a DN an endpoint and if so, how can the same end point be in more than one place at the same time?

I d not think you can use it anyway, as in, it can't be both digital and analog. But, it flashes on ALL sets that have MCR, whoever answers it, has the call. ALL other sets with that MCR DN will flash (ring) until it is answered, etc etc.

Mato' Was'aka

The only real way to learn MCR is to put it on two phones and call it. There are a number of quirks, but you get to see it first hand

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

bigindian65 - YES you can have multiple call arrangement with a mixture of analog phones and digital/IP phones. Configure the analog phones first with CLS=MCRA and then configure the digital/IP phones with a MCR key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back