Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500 Set Not Ringing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

churchguy

Technical User
Aug 24, 2008
US
I'm the volunteer IT phone guy at our church and everything I know about our Opt 11 I learned from the manuals ( and some from reading all the posts here).

I added 2 analog sets and neither one will ring. Have dial tone, calls out on correct DN, can dial in and answer, but the phone won't ring. Tested the phones on another jack and they ring. Copied the programming from other phones and appears to be exact. What am I missing?

Opt. 11c with callpilot

REQ: prt
TYPE: 500
TN 7 13
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES 200
TN 007 0 00 13
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 332 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Preschool 1305
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT 301
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 1
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
LNRS 12
XLST
SCI 0
CLS CTD DTN FBD XFA WTA THFD FNA HTA ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWA RMMD SMWD LPA XHD SLKD CCSD LNA TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD
USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
CDMR
RCO 0
PLEV 02
CSDN
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR CFW 4
FTR PHD
FTR FDN 301
DATE 21 AUG 2008

Stumped. Praying didn't help either.....

The programming is fine. My first thought is the line card in slot 7 (probably labeled NT8D09 or ANLG something)

The first thing I would do is LD32, DISC 7 - then watch the light come on, pull the card out and put it back in. then LD32, ENLC 7

If that did not solve it, then I'd try other available TNs to program the new phones.

If there were none, then I'd look for modem lines that do not need to get incoming calls and move TNs around so the modems had the "no ring" and your phones had the good TNs

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

are u ising a master jack... the type that has a capacitor across pins 2 & 3 this is used to give ringing to the phone

the good news is that you can not program an anaolg not to ring.. the bad news is, as posted the next thing is hardware.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i've never even heard of a master jack.. 99.9 percent of sets have a cap in series with tip and ring from the factory.. it keeps the coil from drawing dt..

i could rewire a set to require an external cap, but why would you want to?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

not sure where on the planet chuchguy is, but here in the UK it's is normal practice to use a master socket for analogue & a secondary socket for digital..

he is state side.. we used to use the third wire for ringing back in party line days.. i thought you might have been from the other side of the pond...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sorry for the delay. Working my paying job during the day.
John's correct, I'm stateside. These jacks are a standard 8 pin using cat3 cable. I didn't change anything on the jacks. They worked fine. One jack previously had a digital set in it. I rewired that at teh switch with an analog tn. The other one was analog and worked fine. I just changed the DN, but when that didn't work I outed it and started over. There was some construction in these rooms before the changes, so maybe it's a jack problem.

Looks like I need to pull the jacks and make sure they are intact. Then reseating the card if that doesn't work.

If all else fails I do have 2 modem lines I can swap tn's with.

Thanks everyone.

Have you checked the phones themselves? The ring volume isn't turned down, or off, by any chance?

Just a real basic thought.......

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back