Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500 LINE CONFIG'D AS MCR WON'T GO TO VM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobber1

Technical User
Nov 11, 2005
US
I have learned quite a bit from the techs on this board and appreciate all the help.

I need help with another problem. I have a 500 line set up as a MCR. I have FNA,MWA AND HUNT TO our vm line configured. However, when I call the number it won't go to voicemail.

Any help that can be given is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
dobber

IS IT MARPED ON THAT TN

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

in the voice mail, record the greetings and the name.. try it again.. make sure marp is turned on if that don;t work

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You said MCR, is this DN on another phone?

Print both TNB and post here.

cls hta fna mwa
hunt xxxx
ftr fdn xxxx (xxxx = voicemail number)

although with hunt set to voicemail wouldn't it go to vociemail on the first busy. If you want this line to be answered you may not want to set hunt to voicemail

Thanks to Nortellian, Acewalock, John and everybody. The problem was that I had the FTR set has CFW and not FDN. Also I had to change the LHK on the phones where MCR is appearing from 1 to 2.

Thanks again to everyone!!

Dobber

500 set programming:
DN xxxx Marp
Hunt: xxxx (voice mail DN)
CLS: fna hta mwa - and LPA if set has a message waiting light
Ftr: FDN xxxx (voice mail DN)

The extension is not an MCR as MCRs can not be assigned to a 500 set. Could be a multiple appearance SCR. The above programming should do the trick. Print an DNB on the extension and make sure the MARP is assigned to this TN and that MARP is active in the system. If MARP is not active in system you should see a information message when logging into the system. Something along the lines of: "MARP is not active in this system

analog mcr requires mcra in class and that does make it a true mcr

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Damn! That's a new one to me. Been working with Nortel for over twenty years and still learn something new at least once a week. Twice a week counting this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back