Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.7.1 Unable to Relay error ??? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctekk

MIS
Sep 28, 2002
US
What would cause this to happen occasionally ??
I have my users, open the bounced email and click RESEND
then it goes through.

thanks gang

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<server.home.local #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for bob@domain.com>

No problem...

and yes...it's in Sys Manager - Servers - Protocols - SMTP - (Properties of <server name>)'Delivery' Tab and 'Advanced' button.

I am having this problem receiving email with my new Exchange 2003 Server, but it works fine with my old EMWAC server...heres the scenario:

Scenario A (works fine)
Firewall is set to forward all incoming email traffic to EMWAC server. Email sent from hotmail or gmail comes in just fine and is delivered to the user's inbox.

Scenario B (mail gets returned with SMTP Error (state 9): 550 5.7.1)
Firewall is set to forward all incoming email to the Exchange Server - email gets bounced back to hotmail/gmail accounts.

I am running McAfee Spamkiller 2.1 on the Exchange Server (dont laugh at me...*grin*) - could that be causing the problem, or is there something in the Exchange configuration I am missing...any pointers are greatly appreciated!

>ping 127.0.0.1
>Destination network unreachable.

*sigh*

Thanks for the tip, toddmgaston. I've increased the maximum hop count on my Exchange 2000 server to 30. Will post back with the results.

Well,

same issue again.....this time one of my admins is on a diff subnet and can send ok directly to this @domain
but other regular users are getting bounce backs.
Could there be another way to open exchange to this one doamin or give more "permissions" to users to send to this particular domain only ??

i'm at a loss..........................
thanks Anyone !

joe@domain.org on 6/29/2004 12:53 PM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<mail.home.local #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for joe@domain.org>

I am having the same issue as PCTEKK. I get the exact message he did. I only get this on certain emails though. Most emails go right thru. I have exchange 2003 and am running Spamfilter for Isp from Logsat.
I cannot resend it it still will not work. I have these addresses I am having a problem with, put in the whitelist in spam filter so it should be ignoring them. all others that are in there are ignored and go thru. But just a couple don't. should I move mine to the 2003 forum? It looks like we are having the same problem.
I check my hop count and it is already set at 30.
Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back