Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.5 VxWorks CPPM Signal Server Replacement Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCFLHRC

Technical User
Aug 16, 2011
US
So, I have a 5.5 SS that went bad. Loaded up a replacement and tried to install last week. Card would come up fine, I could get into EM and transmit to the SS and the Media Card. Changed the MAC address in the Node configuration for the new SS. But it won't register the phones. The phones stayed registered on the Media Card. Any ideas?? I did reboot the Media Card also.

Have you check under your EM configuration which one is now the leader and which one the follower

Yes sir, one of the first things I checked

Any other ideas? Tried this again last night, same result.

Hi KCFLHRC

For what its worth I always had success when replacing my old COTS servers following NTP 553-3001-212 page 237-239
to the letter. I botched the first couple because I kept skipping some step usually the temp node id scenario. Not sure if this is applicable in your scenario.

Only a thought....

TGD

KCFLHRC

Disregard previous post, I was reflecting about the wrong system

TGD

I will check it out. Weird thing is the SS works fine, it just wont register sets and my Media Card stays as Leader/Master even after rebooting both the SS and Media Card. I really don't get it. I think I may have to delete the Node and put it back in. Ridiculous though.

Thanks everyone

For 5.5, I like to telnet or SSH to the SS, and use the following CLI commands:
pbxLinkShow - to make sure that the SS and the call server are communicating.
electShow - to see the status of the SS and cards.
tpsShow - to see the status of terminal proxy service.

In 5.5, if the SS is down, the sets should register to the VGMC card.

Also, the signalling servers and cards should have 'Enable Line TPS' checked in the node configuration

Well, the SS is definitely registered to the PBX because my virtual d-channel comes up and I can transmit node properties to it. The TPS is checked in EM. I do believe there is a command line command to enable and disable TPS. I will check that out.

A couple of thoughts,
Assuming the configuration programming is good -

Since the node election rules are in play -
If the MC32 card is physically disconnected from the system do the phones register to the Leader SS ?
If the phones don't register then there is probably something amiss in the SS configuration.

If the phones register then maybe something got stuck in the MC32 card even though the save and transfer process worked initially. It might be worth via cli on the MC32 card to look at the card info. Maybe the ldr flag is set instead of the follower or clearing the nvram stuff may work. Probably need to go through the EM process also. Would definitely look at the sequence of events via the cli during boot up.
Think I'm on the right system this time (LOL)

Only a thought

TGD

Thanks everyone, you gave me some things to check. Everything looks fine in EM. Keep in mind the Node configuration is actually in the Call Server, the SS is just the portal to see the node. I actually changed nothing in the Node configuration except the MAC address for the SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back