Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.5 to 2003 unsupported characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

gn182

Technical User
May 11, 2001
US
I'm getting ready to migrate from ex5.5 to ex2k3. On the 5.5 server the organization name contains an "&" and the site contains a "."

Would I be better off going through the process of renaming on the 5.5 server (30Gb of info) or setting up a new org/site on the ex2k3 server?

Is there a preferred way to move the mb's and public folders?

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem and went with keeping my Org & Site names (both had underscores)minus the invalid characters by changing the display names from within the exchange 5.5 admin. I had no issues moving mailboxes, in fact it's nice and convenient to move them automatically when no one is around and you can move more than one at a time. It may not be a global preference but it worked for me.

Jeffshndl
i am having that problem doing a trial 5.5 to 2003
exch setup fails making reference to the illegal characters
i did change the org display name but apparently the directory name (same as display name) is the issue
Are you saying that just changing the display name should allow setup to complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back