Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.5 Large mail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATBCSLTD

Technical User
Feb 9, 2002
GB
HI

I have a problem with an exchange 5.5 server which has started to bounce back mails over 2MB with either SMTP code 520 (exceeded storage limit) or 421 (SMTP service not available, closing transmission channel) I have also noticed that in the event log i am getting event ID 1221 report there is 0mb of space left after defrag.

My question is, are these erros related and if so how can i resolve this? There is ample of space on the drive and this is only begun recently.

Thanks

What version of Exchange are you using (standard or enterprise)? The standard edition has a limit of 16Gb for it's database so this could be you problem.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Hi, Its standard edition but the database is only small Priv.edb is 784MB and the Pub.edb is 3mb. They use Goldmin so the mails all transfer out of exchange on arrival.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back