Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.2 CM Bug IP phone lockups with bell icon displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly55

Vendor
Feb 12, 2003
DK
Our call centre has been complaining that during busy times
various agents receive calls they can not answer.
The symptom is a Bell icon on their IP phone and a flashing call appearance light.
After weeks of investigation and Avaya trying to blame the network.
We discovered the following.
If a call is queued to a hunt-group/ skill in a vector
and a messaging step is used to give the caller an opportunity to leave a voicemail.
The caller decides not to wait in the queue but to leave a message.
If an agent becomes available during anytime that the caller has gone to voicemail
CM tries to route the call back to an Agent, who then can’t answer the call.

A strange voicemail can also be heard with ringtone suddenly being recorded during a message.

The only work round on this so far until a patch is released is to use a
“route to” command in a vector and not a “messaging” command

Avaya claim that there are no other reports of this, however I cannot believe this is true.
So thought I would post this to help any others struggling with the same issue.

You may want to change system parameters coverage and make sure Keep Held SBA at coverage point and Maintain SBA at Principal are set to 'n'. This is typically the root of all evil when it comes to messaging. Especially related to Centralized Voicemail or QSIG integrations.

Thanks for your input

The route to command to a virtual station with a cover path is the work round I have used.

Effectively there is a queing vector bug where CM is keeping a call in the queue when the messaging command is used.

SP 3 which will be released at the begining of october will apparently fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back