Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.2.1 upgrade gotcha's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpitt

Technical User
Jan 19, 2011
US
We're about to upgrade a duplicated S8730 server from 5.0 to 5.2.1. I've got the latest service pack and firmware updates, and have made sure that the ip phones do not get their firmware from the S8730's. Are there any other gotcha's I'm overlooking? Seems straightforward from here. I saw a preupgrade patch for 8710's, but not for 8730's.

5.0 to 5.2.1 is easy cheesy. No gotchas for us.

A very wise and well respected man once told me "Shut Up!".

I advise that you don't have a power outage as you are activating patches....
i.e. not liek I've just had....

Ho hum
Re-image and reload from backup here we come!

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Okay, we discovered a 'gotcha'. VAL boards firmware MUST be upgraded to at least ver. 21 PRIOR to going to version 5.2.1, not AFTER. Lesson learned. It they're not updated before, they may get stuck in a 'reboot' cycle. We had two VAL boards, one came up, rebooted a couple of times (went through it's self test mode, over, and over) and finally settled down and announcements could be retrieved. However, another VAL board, of the same software and hardware vintage as the other, would constantly 'reboot'. I dug around and found that their firmware was to be upgraded BEFORE the CM. BURNED! Read the documentation fully. DOH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back