Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.1 Upgrade!! URGENT!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Sep 10, 2001
US
When attempting to upgrade a 5.0 server to 5.1, after the file copy is complete, the GUI loads but is blank and the upgrade hangs.
When toggling to the console the following is displayed.

SERVERNAME: Nisetsi2
SERVERNAME: Nwistart
Unable to initialize threads: Cannot find java class Java/Lang/Thread
JNI Initialization failed.
JAVA: Class com.novell.application.install.setup Exited with status 2.
Can anyone help please!
Help! I have a server in Limbo!!
Rob

If the server is in limbo and users screaming at you, this is an opportune time too...

Call Novell support. They know their stuff and will help you immediately.

Free advice is not always timely.

Thanks guys!! But it's not Compaq, and its not Pentium IV!!

Still looking....
Rob

Hi there , in my oppion the Netware Java Class is not installed Properly or on the 5.0 server u disabled Java , try and see if u can launch java from 5.0 ( try a newer servicepack this worked for me be4 i updated)

I take it that since you were half-way through the upgrade you have a mixture of NetWare 5.0 and 5.1 on your server.

A fix that worked for us was the following (although the server being upgraded was a NetWare 4.11 to NetWare 5.1):

Stick your NetWare 5.0 Installation CD in and install up to the section where you have the oppertunity to create partitions/volumes. Stick with the ones you have and let the CD install the NLMs back onto SYS.

You could, of course, go back to your secure backup that you took before you began the upgrade??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back