Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

49153 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We have an installation with 10 users A4w 4.2 and a batch of Windows 2000 servers [4] with Exchange, Web, Terminal Server and other apps. About 120 users on the WAN spread over 4 sites.

About 4 or 5 users come in via the WAN on Terminal Server (seperate server). The problem is that as soon as there are more than 3 or 4 users total, they get 49153 errors. When everybody goes home it seems more stable and as the Accpac users drop down it also works fine, even over Terminal Server.

We moved the Exchange and Accpac onto a seperate server but it is still unstable with more than 5 users. When the 49153 error appears, the mapped drive is still there and you can see the data, but the DNS server is gone. Also, nobody can log in again "no domain or password incorrect" type of error. Reboot takes you back on for about 15 min before the count is up again and you get 49153 again.

The server engine has been set up with the Accpac suggested settings. Does anybody have some suggestions on Server Engine or client side requester settings.

P.S. The site was stable for a few months up to 3 weeks ago.

In case anybody has an interest in this, I found my own answer.

If you run the Pervasive function Executor during a 49153 it will give an error message. In my case 3111 and 3014. The pervasive solution to this is to increase the remote sessions. This solved my problem.

Hi,

Go through the pervasive control center and max out the settings. This will prevent further errors when the system gets overloaded at month-end/year-end. The theory is to max out the settings and then slowly balance (lower) the settings to a point where you have maximized performance without impacting on the server resources.

Regards

e

49153 errors

I had to reinstall the client side pvsw client to clear mine up.
Everything else was fine, don't know what had gotten changed, but the client side got trashed somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back