Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

49.4C04 Service error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dretzlaf

Technical User
Dec 12, 2002
US
I have been experiencing this "49.4C04 Service error" error message on my HPLJ4100N printer. After I get this message, I am forced to power off the printer in order to resume printing. It keeps happening though. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

I had the exact same thing happen on a network printer for a computer lab. We never actually figured out why it had been giving the error. So I'd like to see the answer as much as you. :)

I tried most of this I was too scared to take it to pieces. But, who knows, maybe that would have fixed it.

All I can say is check your print queue. Ours just ended up going away once we realized it had gotten blocked up by some disgustingly large print job.

Sarah
-don't panic, I'm mostly harmless-

Hi

I keep getting this error out in then field.

HP LJ Printers 49.xxxx error. Sometimes it can be the print queue with a corrupt file; I also could be the jet direct card a hard disk drive, memory, and formatter board and the favourite the printer’s firmware.
You can try taking removing the jetdirect card and HDD if you have one cold reseat the printer if the error goes start adding the Jetdirect card and HDD and wait for the error show up.

Thanks
P

What we have here,,,is a failure,,to communicate.
You have a firmware error, that also may be memory related.
If you have added any new chips, remove all, except for the firmware. If solved, get new memory. If not, then replace the firmware

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

I don't mean to sound totally stupid, but what is the firmware? I have this error and need to get it fixed promptly!!

Thanks!

Firmware of a printer is equal to the BIOS of your PC.
This is the internal software stored in a memory dimm located on the formatter of your printer that allows for adjustments of many things in your printer like speed timings, NIC options, sensors ect.
A 49.4C04 could be several things and like Michael said it's an internal communication error that could be related to both the firmware, memory, formatter, the printjob itself.
If the printjob seems to generate the issue, try and check if some document type(s) like .PDF, .doc, .xls tend to provoke the error more often than others.
It could also be a wrong driver like when trying to use a PCL driver for certain PDF documents that maybe has PS (PostScript) elements included.
Complex printjobs, long or high res. graphics jobs could also generate this error when using PCl instead of a PS driver.

I'm also having problems however mine is a HP LJ 4350.

I have been experiencing this "49.4C04 Service error" error message on my HPLJ4350TN printer. After I get this message, I am forced to power off the printer in order to resume printing. It keeps happening though. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back