Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

470 hybrid/no menu in 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2001
US
I created a mixed stack of one 470-24T ver BOSS 3.0 FW-3.004/SW-3.0.0.54 and one 450-24T FW-1.48/SW-4.5.0.6 no problem.
Upgrade stack to BOSS 3.1 FW-3.0.0.5/SW-3.1.0.79 and you can not get to a menu, only the command line. If you type "menu" at the privEXEC prompt it wants a password??? tried all of mine and all the default nortel stuff and nothing. The docs say you can set the default in privEXEC mode using:
cmd-interface [menu|cli]
but when I issue the command the switch does not recognize it as a valid command.
This is the second set of switches that this has happened on and I have re-flashed the stack as well to try to get to a menu.
Anyone have this happen or know what can be done to get BOSS 3.1 to toggle between menu and cli modes.
Thanks.

3.1.0.79 is the ssh version of v3.1 if you use 3.1.0.78 you can use the cli and/or menu but not ssh.

Right...but SSH is not enabled as a default. I can Device manager the stack and ssh is not enabled. The docs for the BOSS 3.1 OS shows you that you should get a menu as a default command interface and then you can chose to toggle between the cli and the menu as needed. It should only be when SSH is enabled and set to secure mode that you would access using ssh on port 22.
I am able to access the stack through telnet port 23 but can only get a cli...if you type "menu" at the command line it wants a password??? With all respect this does not appear to be an ssh issue?
Maybe someone has had the same experience...the "cmd-interface:[menu|cli]" command does not work as documented.
It could be true that what you are saying about 3.1.0.79 wont allow access to the menu in a pre-ssh state...If this is true ...it wont be the first time that Nortels docs are lacking detail as to what to expect from a specific version.

Nortel explained to me that there is not room in the image for both ssh and the menu system. I asked about this when BoSS 3.0 was released - they have yet to document this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back