Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

470-24T- Cant write to:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2001
US
Anyone run into this? After flashing a new 470, first with boss3601_diag.bin and then boss3514.img all boot tests pass then:

Starting Agent Code..

Decompressing the image...
Target Name: vxTarget
User: target
Attatching network interface idtip0... done
Attatching network interface lo0... done

Completing initialization...
Can't write to "NVRAM:/APPS/STKMGR.NVR"

...Was I supposed to do the firmware fist then the software like above or do I have it backwards???

Thanks in advance.

What firmware did it start out at? I seem to remember there was an issue (check the release notes) that there was a firmware corruption problem (at least with BS460) that you have to be at a certain BOSS level before upgrading to this code.

Makes sense. Switch delivered w/ 3.0.0.5/3.0.6.8. I'll check the notes.

Looked at the notes last night. In the release notes for 3.1.9/3.2.0, you have to at least get to this level first before going further. Don't know if there is a way to recover at this point other than opening a ticket with Nortel.

Also, the 3.5.x code train is no longer supported, replaced by 3.6.x for 460/470 platform.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Just found a new bulletin on Nortel's site today, reissued this week, titled "BAYSTACK MAY HANG DURING SOFTWARE DECOMPRESSION". Maybe not quite what you're seeing, but awfully close.

Hi Telecom116, could you find the url to that bulletin ? i cant seem to find it on nortel's website.

thanx a bunch in advance.

You will need to log in to Nortel's site to see this, I believe.

Again, this doesn't describe what you're seeing, however, this probably is the corruption caused by jumping ahead too many versions. From the latest release notes...

"For customers upgrading from software versions older than 3.5.4, a series of upgrades are required to prevent configuration corruption under some circumstances. This upgrade path includes the following releases: 2.5, 3.0, 3.1.9, 3.5.4, and 3.6.4. The specific number of upgrades required depends on the currently loaded code version. For instance, if the current version is 3.1.9, one must upgrade to 3.5.4 first and then to 3.6.4. It is also recommended to download the agent code before upgrading to the new diagnostic code, if this procedure is not followed the GBIC ports may not always functions properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back