Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xxx txt file

Status
Not open for further replies.

kairo

Technical User
May 15, 2008
US
When dialing from the log to an extension our 4621SW IP and 4610SW IP sets a 9 prefix is added. ex 9-3990 for extension 3990

Would like to see it dial just the extension.

I understand I will need to change the 46xxx txt file, just not sure how to get to it?

Any ideas??

we use ftp , I just did ftp to the server and wasn't able to find a 46xxx file any ideas?

that doesn't sound right at all. you are saying you use FTP to get the files to your 4600 sets?
if you go into the options of a 4610 or 4620, then look at the ip addresses, what does the 'File Server' ip address point to?

I found the ip it points to the main server 8720 I'm now telnet into it just unable to find the file

you wouldn't telnet into the 8720. you would http to it. i'm thinking the TFTP portion would be under the "Maintenance' area. i've never seen the CM servers used at a TFTP server before.

unable to see the tftp in the maintenance screen !!

look at the very bottom under 'Miscellaneous'. you'll have an entry called 'TFTP Directory'. in there is all the firmware for boards and gateways. you should also see an entry for 'IP Phones'. check there.
i really find it hard to believe that a business would use the CM server as the TFTP server for all their ip phones, especially with a primary/backup server kind of setup.

if you are using your CM servers, the files will be in the "/tftpboot" directory. Check in their...

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

I would suggest setting up a separate http server. I use Apache which gives some nice logging plus with the 96xx phones I use the WebDAV capabilities for backups.

got into the file finally cd/var/home/ftp/pub and changed the value of SET ENHDIALSTAT 1 TO 0 still getting the 9 on the call logs...

You need the SET PHNOL 9 changed
If you need a 0 then replace the 9 with a 0 and remove the ## and the space in front of SET PHNOL 0

So instead of

## SET PHNOL 9

You need to change it to

SET PHNOL 0

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks, doing it now, I will have to reset the telephone to grap the new file, hoping it works.

the files are stored in "/tftpboot", if you are using an AVAYA S-Series server for TFTP or HTTP/HTTPS for firmware updates.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

I DID THE FOLLOWING AND RESET THE PHONE BUT STILL THE SAME :

## SET PHNOL 9

You need to change it to

SET PHNOL 0

ANY IDEAS

change 'SET ENHDIALSTAT' to 0. save it. upload it to your tftp server. reset your phone. test.

############# ENHANCED LOCAL DIALING RULES ###############
##
## These settings affect certain dialing behaviors, such as
## dialing numbers from the incoming Call Log or from web
## pages
##
## Dialing Algorithm Status
## Controls whether algorithm defined by parameters in
## this section is used during certain dialing behaviors.
## 0 disables algorithm.
## 1 enables algorithm, but not for Contacts
## 2 enables algorithm, including Contacts (96xx SIP only)
## SET ENHDIALSTAT 1
##
## Country Code
## For United States the value is '1'
## SET PHNCC 1
##
## Internal extension number length
## If your extension is 12345, your dial plan length is 5.
## On 46xx phones, the maximum extension length is 10.
## On 96xx phones, the maximum extension length is 13.
## This value must match the extension length set on your
## call server.
## SET PHNDPLENGTH 5
##
## International access code
## For the United States, the value is 011.
## SET PHNIC 011
##
## Long distance access code
## SET PHNLD 1
##
## National telephone number Length
## For example, 800-555-1111 has a length of 10.
## SET PHNLDLENGTH 10
##
## Outside line access code
## The number you press to make an outside call.
## SET PHNOL 9
##
##

Don't you change

## SET PHNDPLENGTH 5

to read

SET PHNDPLENGTH 4
(assuming your extension numbers are 4-digits)?

We do have 4 digit extensions

I did exactly what your display say, but I modified the existing file instead of uploading a new one, do you think I should modify a new file and upload would that help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back