Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xxsettings.txt backup settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zink71

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2005
US
Hello, I have an S8400 with 9650 phones. Occasionally - like once a month, a random phone will not be able to back itself up, throwing up an error message on the users screen. Some of my users get confused. I want to avoid this msg at all costs. Is there a way to disable automatic backups, but still allow manual backups ? OR is there a way to disable the backup prompt message that for some reason occasionally comes up ? (using IIS) Much thanks for any comments, Jeff Z.

I believe you should be able to find the backup settings in the 46xxsettings file.

Yes, thanks, but the only settings are SET BRURI and SET BRAUTH, correct ? I can not find any other pertinent settings.

You can adjust how often backups associated with call log entries are done:
## CLBACKUPTIMESTAT specifies whether Call Log entries will be backed up only after
## a minimum interval as specified by the value of CLBACKUPTIME.
## Note that this parameter only has an effect if the value of LOGBACKUP is 1.
## Value Operation
## 0 Call Log entries will be backed up as they are created (default)
## 1 Call Log entries will be backed up after the interval specified by CLBACKUPTIME
## This parameter is supported by:
## 96x0 H.323 R3.1.3 and later
## SET CLBACKUPTIMESTAT 1
##
## CLBACKUPTIME specifies the minimum interval, in minutes, between backups of the Call Log,
## if the values of LOGBACKUP and CLBACKUPTIMESTAT are both 1.
## Valid values are 10 through 60; the default value is 15.
## SET CLBACKUPTIME 20

In other words in your 46xx file you should be able to find the text that Webster provided and in your case, add the ## back to the beginning of the statement.

## CLBACKUPTIMESTAT specifies whether Call Log entries will be backed up only after
## a minimum interval as specified by the value of CLBACKUPTIME.
## Note that this parameter only has an effect if the value of LOGBACKUP is 1.
## Value Operation
## 0 Call Log entries will be backed up as they are created (default)
## 1 Call Log entries will be backed up after the interval specified by CLBACKUPTIME
## SET CLBACKUPTIMESTAT 1
##
## CLBACKUPTIME specifies the minimum interval, in minutes, between backups of the Call Log,
## if the values of LOGBACKUP and CLBACKUPTIMESTAT are both 1.
## Valid values are 10 through 60; the default value is 15.

Might be easier to copy and paste your 46xx info and let us look at it.
## SET CLBACKUPTIME 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back