Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xxsettings file no where to be found 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
All,

I was testing some things at our office for a client that would like their logo to display on idle 9608's

All testing here went fine.

I went to modify their 46xxsettings file and I am not seeing it in the embedded file management primary folder. We are both running R9.1

Suggestions?

Did you notice that when you go to address of IPO>/46xxsettings.txt that the first line says

## IPOFFICE/11.0.0.1.0 build 8 192.168.128.11 AUTOGENERATED

This means that the file does NOT exist on the SD card, and is created by the system each time you request it.

Normally, you would request the autogenerated file, copy it to notepad, modify it, REMOVE the first line with the AutoGenerated comment, and upload it to the SD card. When the file exists on the card, that is what is send instead of the auto generated file.

However, with R11, there is a new file caled 46xxspecials.txt. IF 46xxspecials.txt exists on the SD card, the autogenerated 46xxsettings.txt file will include a final line that says "Get 46xxspecials.txt". So you first request 46xxspecials.txt, put your customer settings in it, remove the autogenerated first line, upload to the SD card, and leave the 46xxsettings.txt file alone.

I also write "custom modified by Holdmusic34" and repull it after uploading so I'm super duper sure.

Depending on the URI configuration the ICR can be completely ignored.

If your URI is configured to use internal data then the IP Office will look into the user's SIP tab and if you have *'s it will look into ICR.

A madman with a taste for speed.

I ended up finding the 46xxsettings file in their Manager folder... Modified it and loaded - Logos all working.

The one that comes with Manager starts out
Code:
######################################################################################
##
##     AVAYA IP TELEPHONE CONFIGURATION FILE TEMPLATE
##                ***  September 29, 2013  ***
##

I'd still highly recommend you start with the autogenerated one from the IPO and modify that, or the specials file if on R11

Like TouchTone said, use the autogenerated one from the IPO. If you need any modifications, I have been recommended multiple times to create 46xxspecials.txt and make my modifications there.
As long as the 46xxsettings.txt has "GET 46xxspecials.txt" at the bottom, the phones will know to hit that second txt file.

46xxspecials.txt is a nice one. The autogenerated is filled with all the necessary settings. Especially certificates and am settings that rely on the correct IP. IPO will automatically set the IPs based on the interface the file is pulled through.

Everything else can be set in the specials file individually.

No way to have that asked the official way...

Need some help with IP Office? CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Take this a step further and add GET $MACADDR.txt at the bottom of the 46xxspecials.txt and then you can add a custom settings file for any MAC address of a J100 or K100.

To pile on the 46xxspecials.tx...
do you have to manually put the GET 46xxsepcials.txt at the bottom of the 46xxsettings.txt?
I see reference to a no user source number...but that hasnt worked as of yet...

Someone said that you had to manually enter it into the 46xxsettings.txt, which makes no sense, as what is teh purpose of autogenerated then...

If you put a 46xxspecials.txt file in the system/primary/ folder it should add

GET 46xxspeacials.txt

at the bottom of the autogenerated 46xxsettings.txt file.

If it doesn't you can always try the NUSN

ENABLE_46XXSPECIALS_TXT

ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back