Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xxsettings File Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkee

Technical User
Apr 5, 2017
US
Does anyone have any actual comprehensive documentation about what can be set on an Avaya phone via the 46xxsettings.txt file?

I have a current versino of the default settings file that has some good info in it but I know there is alot more that can be set in the phone. There are also many differnces between SIP and H.323 firmware regarding what can be set.

For example, I am being told by Avaya support to change the AUDIOENV setting to corect a background noise issue.

I have walked the MIB on a 9611G with fimrware 7.0.1.0.46 and there is no AUDIOENV parameter. It's there on the 9620 H.323 firmware 3.22.

All I have is what's in the actual 46xxsettings file. But the setting you are looking for is there.

#################### AUDIO SETTINGS ######################
##
## Automatic Gain Control (AGC).
## These settings enable or disable AGC.
##
## A value of 1 (default) enables AGC. A value of 0 disables AGC.
## AGCHAND controls handset AGC. Not supported on 16CC phones.
## AGCHEAD controls headset AGC
## AGCSPKR controls speaker AGC. Not supported on 16CC phones.
## Note: AGCHAND and AGCSPKR are applicable for 1603 SIP phone.
## AGCHAND, AGCHEAD and AGCSPKR are supported by H1xx SIP R1.0 and later.
## SET AGCHAND 0
## SET AGCHEAD 0
## SET AGCSPKR 0
##
## Audio Environment Index
## Enables you to customize the telephone's audio
## performance. (0-299) This parameter affects settings
## for AGC dynamic range, handset and headset noise
## reduction thresholds, and headset transmit gain. It is
## highly recommended you consult Avaya before changing
## this parameter.
## 96x1 H.323 R6.0 and later
## 96x1 SIP R6.0 and later
## 96x0 H.323 “0” through “80” (R1.0, R1.1), “0” through “191” (R1.2 - R1.5), “0” through “299” (R2.0+)
## 96x0 SIP R2.6 and later
## 16xx H.323 R1.3 and later
## SET AUDIOENV 0

Thanks marcuspb. The setting is there but I can't tell if it has any affect on the 96x1 SIP phone. I know other settings like the AGC settings are set via the 46xxsettings.txt file for H.323 phones but not for SIP phones. for SIP phones they must be set from teh phones menu then it's pushed to the PPM.

Since I can not verify AUDIOENV exists in the 96x1 SIP phones my querrying the MIB I can't be certain if modifying the AUDIOENV in the settings file does anything at all to the 96x1 SIP phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back