Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xx "Wrong set type" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joemi

Programmer
Jan 8, 2007
NL
Hi all,

Yes, again a "wrong set type" problem.
I looked in previous threads but no luck so far.

My problem is that de client type's a wrong station id on a IP phone 46xx.
The station id could be set in de CM as a analog or xmobile.
This wil give a wrong set type on the display.
But here's the tricky part.
There is no way to get this set to work again in a simple way.
Sometimes the person that type's the wrong number doesn't remember the number he mis typed.

Is there anyway to get this fixed easy.
(i think something like a setting in the 46xxsettings file)

Anyone an idee?

Thanks.

Greets,
Joemi

ACA - Implement: IP Telephony

Unplug the phone, upon boot when it says press * to program, press *.

Press # until the display says "Enter Command". Press "mute logoff #" (spell out logoff on the keypad).

If that doesn't work there is always "mute clear #" (this one will definitely get rid of extension) and "mute reset #"

Thx Chandler,

But when i unplug the phone and plug it back in it will give me no change to press the *.
It will go to wrong set type instantly.

Greets,
Joemi

Try [mute] RESET # to flush all of the settings on the phone.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

I've had the same problem and the ONLY way I can recover the phone is to assign it a static IP address and then do list trace ras ip-address and it will tell you the extension that's stuck in the phone (takes a few minutes sometimes). Then you can change the set-type of the extension to 46xx and the phone will register. Then you can log it off.

Thx all,

But when the Wrong-set type is in the display, no key will respond.
It is locked.

@ customcracka,
I do not now the ip-adress of all +/- 400 stations.
Thats why we use DHCP.
It is not an option to change every ip-station to a static IP address.

Greets,
Joemi

chan logg" and go to the 2nd page. Set YES for "Log IP Registrations and events: y ". Go unplug and replug the phone. "List history" should show you an event for the extension. then change the extension to a 46xx.

-CL

Hey Joemi,

I'm not saying change all of your phones to static IPs. When you first plug the phone in while it is getting an IP from your DHCP server it should let you * to program. Here you'll have to put in a static IP address. I normally keep a test phone at my desk so I'll just look at the IP it has, then I'll put that address into the phone that is stuck on wrong set type and then unplug the test phone. That way I have a pretty good assumption that I'm using an IP that's available. Then plug it in again and do a list trace ras IP and after a few time's of saying wrong set type it will show you the set type in the trace. I've done it quite a few times and it works great.

Lopes1211 - It's probably the old 2.2.2 version of CM I'm on, but the command you're stating "chan logg" is not valid on my system.

Joemi (Programmer) 1 Apr 09 10:30
Thx all,

But when the Wrong-set type is in the display, no key will respond.
It is locked.

@ customcracka,
I do not now the ip-adress of all +/- 400 stations.
Thats why we use DHCP.
It is not an option to change every ip-station to a static IP address.
Greets,
Joemi
---------

So when you plug it in, it doesn't go through the normal startup process of power-up, loading the firmware, booting the firmware, press * to configure, etc.?

It goes straight from power-on to wrong set type?

Customcracka was not suggesting that you assign static IP address to every phone. He was suggesting that you change THE PHONE THAT IS NOT WORKING to a static IP address.

The commans LIST REG in ASA will show all of the IP addresses for all of the registered IP stations.

Have you tried removing the extension from the PBX and then re-creating it?

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back