Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xx Phone and remote offices 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NX01

MIS
Apr 21, 2004
US
I have a few remote offices that connect into our LAN via VPN. One or two people sharing a dsl static ip connection. I would say they are using 20% of the bandwidth. I want to deploy 4610's to them but I get alot of errors. Mainly Subnet Conflict ( I have no idea how it could have a subnet conflict) and a L2 or xxxsrc.scr loop.

How have you succesfully connected remote offices? Details would be great.

In the future everything will work...

I actually have been up and running for a while. I have 30 ip phones deployed remotely (exec's homes). My last hurdle is e911. Right now, we have made the users sign releases that they will not dial 911 from the ip phones. Other than that they are running great. I have some 4610's and 20's. I have users with as low as 384/128kbs dsl...

NX What is your final config? Are you still using a Checkpoint VPN connection?

We've got some remote offices which we're connecting to our main office via DSL/Cable and a Nokia remote firewall which builds a VPN tunnel to our main site (where the PBX's are located).

Are there any gotchas I should know about?

The 911 wouldn't be to hard actually. You would just need to setup the users with a different COR using a different TOD routing and force that call to delete the 911 and actually dial the 10 digit emergency dispatch center in their area.

For instance, if main office is in Chicago, I'm in Indy with IP phone, when I dial 9911 or 911, have Time of Day routing push to a different route pattern for my specific location and delete 911 and insert 1317xxxxxxx

In theory it should work. I know that they wouldn't have the e911 portion, but at least something is better than nothing.

sjforcum, the only gotcha is setting up multiple ip phones. I am using a pptp vpn. I need one router for each ip phone. So if you have two or more ip phones...you need a router for each. Unless you can hard set each vpn login with a static ip on the server side. Then set up seperate ip network regions for each ip. Narrrow down the UDP port range to 50 per phone or so and port forward the ranges on the vpn router to the corresponding ip phone. If you only have one ip phone at each remote office....no need to seperate the udp range or network regions.

bwilch, I will look into the TOD routing. We do have the DID's registered with the LEC to the physical address. So IF they do call 911, the operator will see the real address and not dispatch to the main office. All our users are local as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back