Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xx handsets on a IP600 (rel 9.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1carrot

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
GB
Hello, I have an IP600 running 4612 handsets, everything is setup correctly and I can get the handsets to initalize and load software from tftp etc. The problem occurs after apporx 2 mins on a call when the phone stops (none of the keys work) and shortly after, the speech stops as well. I have tried "pinging" the handset whilst on a call and the ping time stays around 10ms until the phone locks and then it becomes unreachable. The only way to get it working again is to either pull the plug or do the " Hold R E S E T" sequence. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

We saw this too and it took a while to figure out.

First check the switches <ethernet> to make sure they are set to half-duplex <on the phones and the clan/prowler boards>

Then look at ip gateway setup, the order of the options on your dhcp server can kill the phones. Then check the routing table to make sure that the phones & switch only have one gateway to look at, otherwise they hose themselves good.

If this don't do it reply with an email to contact you with.

Rob

Correction, the prowler board needs to be FULL Duplex or else you'll get frame collisions which will result in voice drops, also check to make sure the prowler has the latest firmware on it.

BuckWeet

THanks for the correction...but..you had better have someone with telnet access and a password to verify that the prowler card was actually set for full duplex. It seems that the cajun switches default to half-duplex and they are same vendor equipment. In our case the prowler card was set to half from the factory.

my .05

Just to get some more info, what kind of ethernet switches are you running? We have Cisco Catalyst 3500 series switches in our office, and I used to have major problems with the prowler boards losing link with the switch. It turns out it was a known problem, and with the newer firmwares for the MedPro boards the problems have gone away. The current version is v35 and can be downloaded off of support.avaya.com, it also helps sound quality too..

Just a FYI

BuckWeet

Thanks guys, plenty of areas for me to have a play with...

Ta

Rog

Right, A month has passed and I have manged to upgrade the MedPro to V45 firmware and have set check the Duplex states for the handset Clan and MedPro. the problem is still about the call lasts for about 5 mins. If you want to mail any thing to me try rog_white@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back