Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xx FILE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterrob

Technical User
Jan 20, 2009
US
I have a need to have 2 backup paths for two standalone systems. Both share the same file server and backup path currently, but there are some duplicate extensions and when the phones restore they over write contacts. I am thinking there should be a way using the 46XX file to back up to two different locations using phone groups. Below is what I have but it appears to be not working. Am I missing something?

################# BACKUP/RESTORE SETTINGS ################
##
## Backup and Restore URI
## URI used for HTTP backup and retrieval of user data.
## Specify HTTP server and directory path to backup file.
## Do not specify backup file name.
## BRURI is not supported on 96xx, 16cc and 1603 SIP phones.
IF $GROUP seq 100 GOTO CEDAR
# CEDAR
SET BRURI GOTO END
END
SET BRURI

@redphone has it right. @hunterrob. In your case your setting it to group 100 to /PhoneBackup/Cedar then setting a 2nd time to /PhoneBackup/. End result is all phones are set to /PhoneBackup/

It appears to still not be working. Any ideas?

################# BACKUP/RESTORE SETTINGS ################
##
## Backup and Restore URI
## URI used for HTTP backup and retrieval of user data.
## Specify HTTP server and directory path to backup file.
## Do not specify backup file name.
## BRURI is not supported on 96xx, 16cc and 1603 SIP phones.
IF $GROUP seq 100 GOTO CEDAR
SET BRURI GOTO END
# CEDAR
SET BRURI GOTO END
# END

You have to tell the phone which group it is in. Might be able to do it via the DHCP scope options but other than that I think it is a manual process.

Shared file server... IP phones... two separate CMs...
Are these phones in common DHCP scopes, or is there logical seperation in the networks between who gets on PBX1 and who gets on PBX2?

If they are in the same scope you'll have to use the GROUP option, if they are in different scopes you could feed them different sets of files from the same file server which would really simply things using the HTTPDIR option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back