Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xx automatic updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizbon

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
Just set up the ftp to backup the 46xx phones i added the following lines to the 46xxsettings.txt

SET RESTORESTAT 1
SET FTPUSERSTAT 1
SET FTPSRVR 172.16.202.235
SET FTPDIR /4600bakup
and then rebooted the phones

the problem is that the automatic update is still set to disable how do i get it to change to enabled with out doing it to every phone

i gues i should have read this better when i posted it. I said ubdated ment automatic update sry folks please read what i mean not what i say

I am having very similar issues, but it is somewhat inconsistent. On phones that are at firmware 2.4 already, when they load this new settings file they show the new FTP server, but are disabled. If however I totally clear the phone and load the 2.6 firmware, then they go to backup enabled. I have spent quite a bit of time with Avaya trying to show them how it doesn't always work right, but it usually take several hours on the phone just to get to someone that knows what I am talking about. I think I'm going to need to open a new ticket with them. Let me know if you make any progress on this issue.

I am doing a 2.6 upgreade at the same time and some phone get a "ftp server can not back up" error message but yet the file is there. and they all say automatic update disables and i too have gotten know where with AVAYA

I had two phones that had the "FTP server can not back up message" and they were pretty much locked up until I moved them back down to 2.4. I think I attributed that problem to a DNS issue because of the way that I was trying to test. I haven't had that issue on any other phones since I cleared the DNS issue. I will let you know if I make any headway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back