Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4690 IP Phone on IP500

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPhello

Programmer
Aug 13, 2005
US
I am being told by my Avaya rep that they have gotten a 4690 IP phone working on the IP500 without an IP endpoint license. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

No offense, but if they have it working, why not ask them?

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

Lucky shot then
What version ?
And do they really do nto have the license ?

My experience is that is register once and then stops working straight away

Avaya also told me that they will not supported them in the future because it is a hardware problem

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

@TomMills, the person who told me is on vacation, but in an R5 sales class we were told that they would be supporting them soom. Of course our sales guy takes that literally and sells one.

IPhello

I have had an email from Avaya that they will not support is now and in the future
To get it working they have to change the hardware
With sip extensions you now can use other conference phones

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Just got this back from Tier 3 at iCare.

The 4690 IP (H.323) conference phone is not officially supported on the IP Office but many business partners have used it on IPO for years with good results. The problem now is that the 4690 goes End-of-Sale on 9 November, to be repalced by newer Polycom H.323 models that probably won't get tested with IPO either. The reason these products don't get tested with IPO is because they come from the Enterprise Product House.

As IP Office R5.0 now supports SIP-based endppoints, most IOC business partners plan to sell Polycom series 6000 / 7000 SIP conference phones with IPO. The IOC Tier 3 unit has tested these sets with IPO so we know they work just fine with IP Office. But as it is Avaya's stated policy never to endorse 3rd-party non-Avaya endpoints, we still can't bless these Polycom SIP conference phones officially. Personally, I'd go with one of these over the 4690 any day, much better performance.

thats fair enough. although i guess it doesnt help you as you will still need an endpoint license.

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

Here the running file, is quite old but it runs up to 4.2 (not supported...)

Update. Follow the documentation exactly from the form that Sizbut put up for the IP6000. It works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back