Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4690 IP Conference Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgreen17

Technical User
Jan 15, 2008
US
How do I get the network settings cleared from the phone . I hit star when it is coming up and enter all new settings but after it reboots it keeps coming up with the same settings. I am moving a phone to a different vlan and need to change Ip and Vlan id.

Did you check the DHCP option scope string for this new vlan ?
I think it's option 176 for 46xx stations...

Isn't this basically a re-labelled Polycom ?

Sekitori

You can reset it just like a normal 46xx phone - <mute>73738#, then #=yes for reset

sekitori

I never get the command prompt to enter the mute clear command . I hit * and can cycle through the settings but it just saves them and goes back to whatever was in there originally. Trying to clear the existing settings out so that it works off the dhcp scope. I have others that I just plugged in and it gets the new ip, vlan ect...
This set is stuck somehow.

you get to the reset when the phone is started and the handset is on-hook.
mute 73738# should be the right code (reset) , not just clear (25327)....

sekitori

can't get the phone to come up to that point , it is stuck with its original Ip and info and just sits at waiting for dhcp, wanted to try and manually configure. I have 1 set that no matter where I plug it in it comes up ok but this one keeps trying to come up with its old info.

perhaps you can open it up and check for a battery that maintains the nvram and reset it that way ?

I'm out of ideas....

sekitori

perhaps set it back to the vlan it was in and then reset it (so it's fresh), than back to the new vlan en retry there ?

Or set the specs in the original vlan (have it reboot - it won't find the server but at least the settings will be there) then move it to the new ?

Sekitori

To use clear on 46xx while its loading hit * for program when it comes up and continue to hit # through all the ip settings DO NOT ENTER ANY NEW SETTINGS you will then here a beep after you confirm no new settings from there you will be asked to ENTER COMMAND (mute)27238 and # a couple times to confirm.

I clear my 4621's with * then # all the way to the end and it comes up with command and then I enter mute clear . Works great . But with these 4690 polycoms I can only enter mute reset if the phone is logged in and idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back