Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4690 Conference Phone setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4qfp

Technical User
May 14, 2004
US
Does anyone know what phone type you use when setting up a 4690 conference phone? Thanks.

4690, 4630, 4625 is not supported by IPOffice.

K

I have called Avaya on this setup and they told me to alias the 4690 with the 4620 set.

Joe Olivier
colliergov.net

I've got a 4690, and have been unsucessful at getting it talking with IPO 406v2. What do you mean by 'alias'? Will it run the 4620 bin file (currently b20d01a2_3.bin or b20d01b2_4.bin)?

Thanks,
Andrew

I think Joe means on the MultiVantage/Definity.
Its not supported on the IPOffice

Greets Peter

I have conference calls everyweek with Avaya, and previously I asked them about the 4690, and the one guy wasn't sure if it worked, and the other said it is NOT supported. No Dice.

It seems strange that when you download the latest update file 46xxH323_040706.zip that it contains the file 4690_020005.bin. Is this same update file used by the Definity? That could explain why it shows support for the 4690.

Are there plans to support the 4690 in the future, or is there some other IP conference phone available for the IP Office?

Thanks,
Andrew

I finally setup mine up as a 4620 and it is working fine and has been for some time now.

KE4QFP was that on an IP Office system or a definity?
If it was an IPO how did you do it?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew, it's an S8300 w/G700. It's configured as a 4620 set. The software didn't offer a 4690, so at first I was unsure about how to configure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back