Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4630 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smovk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2003
SI
When I tried to change IP settings on the phone ( pressing mute 2337# -addr# )in the line on the top of the screan where shoul´d apear IP addres of the phone I can see only column with ringer volumne. I can change IPs on the phone ( out of my memory) , when phone reboots I can ping it on new addres, but the phone does`t get any files from TFTP. If I press * ( where normaly say "pres * to program") I can change IPs again. Some times I can see IP addres of the phone, but when I go to the next addres (call server) the ringer volumne apears again and again and again.... If I don`t do anything then the phone is blocked ( helps only if I unplug from power supply ), what ever button I press it just beeps.
Phone was upgraded from 1.73 to 1.81.
Is there any way I can make this phone work normaly?

Avaya "Support" told me to upgrade from 1.73 to 1.8 then to 1.81.

Not sure why Avaya would release a phone that requires such a procedure.

If the upgrade to 1.8 is required before the upgrade to 1.81 then I would say the phone is damaged...

...or perhaps (if the phone is new, under warranty, etc) the phone was damaged in shipping ;)

arenine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back