Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

462X Blank Screen after entering extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

arausch

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
I've got a problem identical to the one described in thread940-1138614, and haven't been able to figure out the cause.

I've got a 4622SW phone plugged into our voice network, and it was functioning correctly until I upgraded it to the newer version of firmware that was released in February 06. Now it boots up, asks for an extension number and then give a blank screen. MUTE-R-E-S-E-T, V-I-E-W, C-L-E-A-R, etc all work fine, but the phone itself is unreachable, and can't make outgoing calls.

I've tried forcing the thing back to the older version of firmware (Nov 05 I think), but that doesn't seem to change the problem at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew

Is the 4622 even supported on IPO ??
Looking at
Only the following 46XX Phones are supported
4601 IP Telephone.
4602 IP Telephone.
4602SW IP Telephone.
4606 IP Telephone.
4610 IP Telephone.
4612 IP Telephone.
4620 IP Telephone.
4624 IP Telephone

Even if you downgrade the Code for the Phone, The RAS ID for the phone will not be Valid against the IPO Gatekeeper.
Hence your issue ??

ipo.gif

"Launching late 2006

Makes sense, but why did it work initially?
I had it running for several days before (like a moron) I upgraded the firmware on it.

Is there really a difference between a 4620sw and a 4622sw? As far as I can tell the only difference is the 4622 has a backlight and no handset (call-center style phone).

Thanks,
Andrew

I remember reading a thread about those 4622 phones and we basically said the same thing, the phones are not supported. If they are working, dont change anything, because you cant call Avaya for support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back