Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4621sw stuck in Registering

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringotektips

Technical User
May 16, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,
I have just installed a S8300 CM4 with 4621sw's. When I power the phones on, I enter the extension, then they get stuck in a loop of registering. The phones are using a20d01b2_2.bin.

Any help would be great.

Registering is the phone trying to talk to the CLAN. They are either unable to communicate with the a CLAN or there is no Option 176 administered to tell them what CLAN to talk to.

The option 176 isn't an issue if you're staticly addressing the phones but they do need to be able to talk to the CLANs.

The most common problem is the subnet the phones are getting addressed to can't talk to the subnet of the CLANs.

In this case the CLAN reference would be the IP address of your S8300 if that is your main server. Are you using a DHCP server for these phones are you statically administering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back