Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4621 IP Phones, 2nd appearance auto answering during calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmh5091

Technical User
Sep 5, 2013
US
I'm having issues in a call center where we have recently deployed 4621sw IP phones. While the agents are on a call on their first appearance (internal or external) a second call incoming to their station directly will either merge automatically with the first call or drop the first call all together and automatically connect.

I would like the second appearance to bounce to coverage if they are actively on the first appearance, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Any ideas?

Look at the hunt group the agent is assigned in, 2nd page I believe, should be a setting called Multiple Call Handling, what is that set to..?

However, that setting will only be there if your ACD setting on the first page is set to Y.

I don't see a setting like that on the hunt group. Here's page 2:

display hunt-group 3 Page 2 of 61
HUNT GROUP

Skill? n Expected Call Handling Time (sec): 180
AAS? n Service Level Target (% in sec): 80 in 20
Measured: internal
Supervisor Extension:

Controlling Adjunct: none

VuStats Objective:
Timed ACW Interval (sec):

Redirect on No Answer (rings): 4
Redirect to VDN: 759
Forced Entry of Stroke Counts or Call Work Codes? n

It should be noted that it's usually an incoming internal call directly to the agent's extension that causes problems.

Also, look in system-parameters customer-options, and see if Multiple Call Handling is set to Y, its on the Call Center Optional features page, maybe page 6 or 7

CM 3.0 (I know, I know.)

Multiple Call Handling (On Request) and Multiple Call Handling (Forced) are both set to 'n'.

does this happen to all agents or just one?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

It's happened to a number of our agents, but only in the call center, who all use 4621sw IP sets.

This problem continues to pop up frequently. Anybody have an answer to this?

On the station form:

Auto Select Any Idle Appearance? n
Restrict Last Appearance? y

Create a new hunt group with just one member (one of these users with a 4621).
Call the queue.
Call the queue again while still on the 1st call.
Did the merge happen? (Testing the settings on other hunt groups)

(leave the new hunt group with all default settings, just put an extension and the member. Also run a 'list trace station xxxx' on the target 4621 as the calls are made)

I checked the settings BIS posted. Those were already set to those values. I ran a trace as well, which doesn't really tell me anything other than proving that the anomaly is indeed happening.

This is STILL happening to me. We can't figure it out. Anybody else experience anything like this?

I am having the same issue, where an agent is on a call, then another drops in but also a 2nd agent will answer the call now there is two agents and two customers on one call. I have been baffled on....

Today Makes Tomorrow

I think you can check the coverage path of the hunt group and also enable queing for the calls not to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back