Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4620SWIP says...discover 192.xxx.xxx.xxx ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

phneguy

Technical User
Dec 7, 2005
US
i have a remote phone (4620SWIP) at the house of a remote worker running VPNremote phone. we are trying to connect this via VPN tunnel.

we have the 406v2 4.1 with vpn remotephone user license which is valid. we are using VPNremote phone software on the 4620 as well.

we have the Netgear FVS338. i have created a policy using VPN and IKE Policy and can see the phone connect during boot up. the phone starts to download the files from the TFTP server and packets are being exchanged as well. when the phone gets done getting the files the phone shows... TFTP 1..2...3...4...5...6 and then says TFTP error TIME OUT, then a blank screen, then says discover 192.xxx.xxx.xxx (the ip address of the IP OFFICE).

am i doing anything wrong? i have followed the setup directions from Avaya on how to set up the FVS338.

i have also upgraded the firmware of the FVS338

any help would be great!!!!

Always set the vpn router as the gateway in your iproute

When you make a route like this :

ipadres of router

Then everything will work probaby
If you need a second vpnremote phone you not need to add another route

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Should I check off the box in my VPN router to accept ping requests? That is currently blocked.. could that be the reason?

I mean everything else works great.. even SIP in and out!

PhoneGuyNJ,
Can you send me an email kwing at carouselindustries dot com. I can take a look to make sure it is not the IPO

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

you want it to answer ping requests because that is the easiest way to find out if you have connectivity or not. without ping how do you know where your problem is in the string of connections.
Enable it even if it works without it

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

The IP route in the IPO needs to pont to the router where the VPN for that phone is terminating otherwise traffic will be going the wrong way.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Hey guys, I have a similar problem but this time it involves a CM S8500 server. The 4610 VPN phone connects through a Cisco ASA 5520 and we've gotten it to work. However, if the phone got disconnected from the network/DSL for more than 30 seconds it will not be able to find the CLAN (discover mode)after reconnecting through the VPN.

We found a short term solution to this by pinging the phone from the Cisco side and it immediately came up. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a permanent fix to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back