Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4620 time source on s8300

Status
Not open for further replies.

monacom

Programmer
Apr 17, 2002
GB
Morning, wondering if anyone has come across any issues with the time not being updated on the 46xx series handset. I have set the time on the web interface and that shows correct and the daylight savings is set up correctly but all phones seem to be 1 hour out still. I have tried putting a date/time button on to see if this rectifys or gives the correst time but to no avail. Any suggestions?

try to set up also the time zone of your country.
something else, there is parameter in the system paramer feature that called :system update time on terminl
i thing its in page 7 , set this value to yes

eyal

When you change the time manually, it will take a while to update the phones. I have seen it take up to a day. If you want immediate results try unplugging the phone and plug it back in.

Cheers for the reply guys but I the updated terminal feature was set to Yes and the Habdsets have been unplugged on numerous occasions and it has been about a two weeks now and they still read the wrong time. Any more suggestions or help appreciated.

Did you try checking the locations settings? the command is 'change locations'. There are timezone offsets and rules that can be set.

Hello,

As the documentation of the S8300 states, when changing the time from the web interface, you should perform a reset sys 4 for the MultiVantage service to aquire the new time.

----------------------------

Petran.

cheers for the response guys. My problem was the locations were set to daylight savings rule 0 instead of 1. Thanks again for all your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back