Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4620 IP station relating calling nr to Speedial list

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoenT

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
NL
Hi,

When a call comes in on a 4620 station it doesn't relate the number to the speeddiallist (contacts) when it's an external call. Internal calls work just fine.

Problem is that we use an extra zero to get an outside line, so 555- 8000 isn't recognized by the station as 0555-8000 as programmed in the speeddial list and the name of the caller doesn't appear.[thumbsdown]

Does anyone no of a solution to this problem?[thumbsup2]

Thanx in advance

I think from what you are saying, you need to modify the 46xxsettings.txt. file. At the top, it explains what you have to do.This file is located in the tftp folder

Hmmmm, sounds like an idea mrjedi. :)

Problem is that my settingsfile has no explanation whatsoever. I tried the Avaya support site but it's down (again!)

Got any idea what I have to add in the settingsfile?

In that case I need a bit more detail on your problem. Are you talking about using the missed calls to return calls ? I have copied and pasted a part of the 46xxsetting file and it mentions at the bottom what you need to dial for an outside line. Is this the problem?

######## 4620 and 4630 Enhanced Local Dialing Rules ########

## Telephone Country Code
## example: For United States it is '1'
## SET PHNCC 1

## Telephone dial plan length (the length of an internal extension number).
## example:
## SET PHNDPLENGTH 5

## Telephone international access code
## example:
## SET PHNIC 011

## Telephone long distance access code
## example:
## SET PHNLD 1

## Length of national telephone number
## example:
## SET PHNLDLENGTH 10

## Outside line access code
## example:
## SET PHNOL 9

Thanx for the response mrjedi.
We tried the enhanced dialling rules but it didn't seem to work.

My first post was a bit vague so I try to explain it a bit better now. What I want is this.

On my 4620 station I have a "SpDial list"
In this list I have my personal phonebook to which I can add personal numbers for example:

Name: Home
Number: 0 011 1234567
(the first 0 is for the outside line)

When "home" calls me I want to see "home" in my display instead of the clid (011 1234567)

I assume the reason for not matching clid "011 1234567" to "home" in my SpDial list is the extra 0 for the outside line.

Questions:
Is my assumption correct?
And is there a way to get rid of the extra 0 for an outside line in the SpDial list? (I was hoping that the enhanced dialing rules would take care of this)

Kick !

Sorry ;-)

"Works as designed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back