Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4610SW problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkigephart

Programmer
Aug 13, 2004
US
I have a MV 1.2 system and currently have VoIP setup on my network. I can run the 4602,06,12,24,20 & possibly the 4630 & 90 but I have not tried them yet.

I have been tying to install the 4610SW series phone and I cannot get it to work. The docs say that the 4610 is not native to the switch and it is a cross between the 4602 and the 4620. It also says it is analogous to the 4620...therefore an alias has to be made to the 4620. I tried to alias the station as a 4620 and even tried to assign it directly as a 4620, but the phone reads, "WRONG SET TYPE". How do I get around this?

The 4610SW IS supported by the MV 1.2 switch correct???

Everything else works great, ie. DHCP, TFTP files, etc., just that dang wrong set type?????

Can anyone help??? Is there a specific way to alias the station other than the "change alias station" form???

You don't have to assign it an alias. Just go into the station you wish to change to the 4610 and do it on the "ch sta" form. You will assign it as a 4620. Is this your first 46xx phone or do you have any others?

In the future everything will work...

there is one consideration to the NX01 answer. If you use an 4620 programming for an 4610SW be sure that you do not program more than the 12 buttons that are available for the original 4610SW station. This is because is you might do an upgrade to the CM2.1 software, which the 4610SW regognizes, you will get a corruption because there a more buttons defined than possible on an original 4610SW telephone. Think about that!

Yes, I do have other 46xx sets installed and running...4602's, 4606's, 4612's, 4624's & 3616's are all installed on my network.

I tried to assign the 4610 as a 4620, yet it still reads "wrong set type"...

so I cannot use 4610's on a MV 1.2?

only MV 2.1 or later will run the 4610's?

i am sure you can use the 4610sw with mv 1.2 just use the stationtype 4620 and configure not more then 12 buttons. otherwise use an alias. we`ve done this before and it works fine

hmmmm..... What firmware version did u use??? I loaded the latest firmware from the avaya website for the 4610's. Should I downgrade the firmware? If so, what release should I use?

I wonder if you have run out of hard phone licenses?

In the future everything will work...

Nikkigephart,

Did you get this sorted, as I have a similar problem, but before CM 2 had 4610's working as 4620. But can not work how we had it working?

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back