Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4610SW IP phone says "system incompatablity"???? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

helper1111

Programmer
Apr 21, 2008
US
hey guys,

we've had this 4610SW phone working for months now with out any problems.

today, the phone is saying "system incompatability" when we try to reboot the phone.

i have reset both the router and phone system with no luck. the funny thing is that the phone looks like its going to come up and work and sometimes does for only a few seconds then goes down???

we have a 406v2 4.1 with a VPN remote phone license that is valid.

we have a netgear 338 router that has the latest software.

the funny thing is that it was all working fine until today?????

any help would be great.

thanks!

Do you have it set to VPN phone under the extension? Also make sure you have the 2.3 bin files becase the VPN phones use 2.3 files not 2.8

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

hey guys,

just got in to programming and found the VPN phone tab is grayed out. i have checked our license for the VPN remote phone extension which is valid. however the tick box still shows up "grayed out".

Are there any other IP extensions that have it turned on. Check all the IP extensions. i bet it is being used up somewhere else.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

kwing

that was exactly the problem!!!!! i have not yet plugged the phone in, but another IP extension was using it.

hopefully this will fix it. i will let you know by tomorrow.

thanks again!!!!!!

Can you do a VPN offsite to the main IP400 unit?

If so do you need a Voice Compression Card or just set the VPN?

hey guys,

the vpn phone still says "system incompatability" after boot up.

i can see the phone connect to the router and the IP OFFICE. after the phone boots up, they system can see the phone. if i go to "system status" it even shows up there as registered????

i have ticked the "vpn phone enable" on the extension.

any other ideals would be great.

thanks!

Do you have the gatekeeper enabled and you could try to turn on auto create user and auto create ext and see what happens.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Hey guys,

this is what i did....

set up a new extension with a new 4610sw ip set and everything is working fine. i have not checked to see why the other phone would not come up???

anyways... new phone, new extension, and everything is fine.

thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back