Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4610D on Definity MultiVantage (R11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2001
GB
I'm having trouble getting IP phones to register to my Definity R11 -

First problem is that the 4610D does not appear in the list of stations I can add (so I added a 4612 instead).

My Definity's CLAN is on 101.40.0.120 (255.0.0.0) its gateway is 101.40.0.3

Plugged phone into same switch as Definity, manually set IP to 10.40.0.126 (with same mask and gateway), set call server address to 101.40.0.120 port 1719 (is this right? How do I check?).

Didn't set a fileserver or VLAN

Device rebooted, asked for ext and password and then went blank. Subsequent reboots it does not ask for ext and password (I guess it won't now until it gets to try them out).

I've dopped a laptop onto same LAN cable and given it the same IP settings as the phone and it can ping the Definity and I've had the phone working on the same LAN cable etc. by just pointing it at our IP500 (just changed CallSvr address to 101.40.0.123, the address for our IP500).

I'm a complete NOOB with IP phones on Definitys - I'd really appreciate some help guys... :)

If yu had that same phone working on the IPO then you need to change the bin files for the definity. they are not the same. also R11 maybe too old for the 4610.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

My vendor tells me that the 4610 is OK for my release (not that I trust that entirely!) - how do I change the bin files, like I said I am a NOOB on the IP for Definity...?

What is the exact string for your software release, down to the last dot. You need to be at the highest release of 1.X there is to get a 4620 to work on CM1. Otherwise you're stuck with those older, black, 4612's and 4606's.

I've been down this road, the ugly way, before.

A quick update - my maintainer, after raising a ticket with AVAYA, said to put it on as a 4620. Tried it and Hey Presto it worked perfectly... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back