Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4610 Station Log off as a soft Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBM101

Technical User
Mar 3, 2006
GB
I have removed the logoff functionality from all the 4610's we use, I have one area which need to be able to log off.

I don't really want to give the hold logoff# option out as it will get abused in the call centre. and don't really want to change the script and reboot these phones. So was hoping that i could program it oout on the soft keys, any ideas anyone

Try this: press and release the hold key and spell out logoff on the keypad, followed by the pound sign

I'm not sure how you'd get the "mute" part into a softkey. I tried to program just the LOGOFF# part, and pressed the Mute button before pressing the softkey - but that didn't work. Will think on this....

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

jamesmatthews,

use grouping feature as described in lan administrator's guide. in short, you can make these phones a separate group and have them use different settings in 46xxsettings.txt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back