Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4602SW lockups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeduncan

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2004
AU
Has anyone had any problems with the 4602SW phones and IP office. We run a mixture of 4602SW and 4620SW phones, and an IP Office 412, and we have some issues with only the 4602SW.

When used offsite, ie, in another subnet accross a WAN link, talking to the IP412 across the WAN link (8mb Microwave), the phones lock up at least every 2 hours.

When they are attached to the LAN that is local to the IP412, they dont seem to have this problem, until a couple of days ago when a few of them decided to stop working. The displays showed fine, but picking up the handset would not result in a dialtone, and the display just stayed as it was.

The funny thing is that none of the 4620SW phones have any issues whatsoever, and they also work fine offsite across the same WAN link.

Our WAN link is very underutilized and has no packet loss at all.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

When they are attached to the LAN that is local to the IP412, they dont seem to have this problem, until a couple of days ago when a few of them decided to stop working. The displays showed fine, but picking up the handset would not result in a dialtone, and the display just stayed as it was."

I have same problem with 4602 phones(1.8.1) and IPO 403 2.0(16 upgraded to 18). It happens regularely, and I don't know how to resolve this issue.

I contacted Avaya support in England, but I got nothing so far.

I'm sure this isn't it, but just in case are you using a codec supported by the 4602? My first install that used IP hardphones I tried using a codec that wasn't supported, the phones sort of worked but no dialtone, other weird issues. Perhaps the 4602 has a smaller list of supported codecs than the other hardphones?

Peter

I'm using G711 Alaw. The phones definately support this codec.

I dont think it would be an Audio codec issue, as the problems happen when the phone is idle, long before any audio codec is negotiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back