Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4424D+ squeeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomboy

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
I have a customer that has a 4424D+ that will squeel every week or so when you lift the handset. the only way to fix it is a reboot. They are currently running 4.1.12 (IP 406) and the 4424D+ is on a Digital 30 Module. I looked at the 4.1.15 notes and it doesn't address this issue. Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks.

know issue in the tech world but Avaya seem to have problems finding it, try a different phone or sometimes replacing the cord helps but the real fix has to come from Avaya with a firmware upgrade that addresses this problem

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Had same behavior on an IP500 4.1.12 on two diff extensions in the same DS30 module. The two episodes occurred a month apart, both not long after the install. At least one was a 4424D+, don't recall if the other was a 4412D+ or 4424D+. Reboot did not resolve. Blew away the extension and recreated it in a free port. Our vendor's tech people had not heard of the issue.

Once that was done I tried the noisy port again with a new phone and it still screeched.

I'm hesitant to warranty replace the module since if it's a software bug that step is a waste.

Still pondered the situation and wondering when the next call from the customer will come.

@DJTelco your vendors techies are cr4p then as it's on the caveats site... CQ39498.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Many thanks for the info.

This forum has been so helpfull. It's the first place I look for "non-manual" answers.

I have the issue too. IP 500 with 4.1 15 Moved this phone to several ports no matter where we put the phone it has this problem. Not sue if you have the same problem but here's what we have.

what sounds like intercom dial tone on top of the existing either dial tone or incoming call.

Has been with Avaya for a month. Trying to get good traces up to those folks.

has anyone attempted to replace the hardware is proccessor and all cards in the base module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back