Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4424D Headset on IPOffice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlucien

Technical User
Jan 30, 2007
US
I have an IPO 406 with IPOffice Manager 5.2(55). I have 2 4424D phones, 2 5420's and 13 5410's. I have been asked to get headsets to put on the 4424's. From what I have been able to find (mainly in Merlin related documentation), I am supposed to program a Headset Hangup button for the phones in order to activate the ability to use the headsets. All I see in the IPO button programming is the possibility of Headset Toggle...nothing for Headset Hangup. Is that the IPO equivalent that will work for these phones ?

I think you need to program a "drop" button.
I dont know those phones but in the button programming goto
Emulation > Drop

greetzzz....Bas

No. You need to go to button programming for the user, emulation, headset toggle.

RonRomano has this right- you can use any unused button. for each individual user, go to the button programming tab, select emulation, and headset toggle. The user will then need to click the programmed button in order to pick up an incoming call from their headset.

Beets? Yes! Ask me how I feel about Beets! I like Beets!

That's the ticket...the headset emulation button. Working fine now. Thanks !

Hmm I always program the headset toggle button and drop. That way the user can turn on and off if they want to use the headset and the other button to hang up the call. That way they don't have to hit the call appearance button. They kept hitting the other CA that was ringing and putting the first call on hold instead of hanging up. And yes I know you can turn off auto hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back