Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4410 lose calibration after start eject at cap 0 or 1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbasantos

Instructor
Feb 7, 2009
BR
after start a eject storage lose calibration on hands , recovery is power on reset

Are you posting that you have found a fix for losing calibration during an eject, or are you asking for help for this problem?

OK, if you can supply as much info as possible, such as what behaviour the hands show when you observe the monitor, it will be a big help.

If you only have the problem at the CAP doors (moves from cells to drives, and drives to cells are OK) then I would check the door alignment. Sometimes over a period of years the door skews away from vertical and needs to be adjusted. There should be a special cam tool inside the LSM next to the middle door hinge. Often you will see that an eject works at the top of the door but will fail as it works down the magazine slots.

If that is not the cause, force a long init. Power off LCU and push a credit card under the battery holder on LZ card for 5 seconds. Then remove card and power up LCU. You will have to press the LCU reset button once or twice to bypass the service required errors you get as a result of flushing the alignment data.

Also ensure PM's are up to date (Z belt change, special grease on Z-Column where recommended, hand rails cleaned, theta motor topped up with transmission fluid etc.

If you still get the problem after all that then replace the LX card.

The CC80 door fix does. The LX causes drunk robotics in all versions, the rest of it is 4410 specific.

thanks,

I do a longinit, like you suggested, this work fine about 6 hours and show same problem, associate with codes:0016,0023, 0061, 0026A , 0026B, 0068, 0061.

These are bad motor codes.

0016 Hardware tach error, any motor
0023 Crash stop encountered, any motor
0061 Crash stop 2 encountered, any motor
0068 Mechanism stalled, any motor
026a Z moved during target code execution.
026b Quick target search failed

Where did you get them from? Is LMU maintenance enabled? If so, what do the error logs show? You could also run the various tests that checkout the Z (test 550), theta (test 560) and the other motors to see if any fail.

By the way, are you sure it only happens servicing the CAP doors? You would think the problem would occur doing normal work.

When you open the door to check inside do you get a clue to which crashstop is encountered (the theta rotation assembly at one end, or the turntable up at the roof or on the floor, or the turntable at the end of travel etc)?. If not you can slowly turn them all to see if any are lumpy. Also check all the belts.

I hope its not the theta motor. It's a swine to get out.

thanks,

your tips are very good.

I did all checks do you suggested, but the problem stay fixe, in intervals of 4 to 6 hours after power reset appears again.

we take to reset all cards involved and clean contacs and connectors with contact cleaner, after this done, the problem dont show again at last 2 weeks.
I'm not sure these action fixe the problem but it means works better.

regards.

Thanks for the feedback.

If the problem doesn't come back then well done with the fix. These 4410's are getting old now and keeping them going will become more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back