Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

412 and a 800 in same box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve000

Technical User
Sep 7, 2014
US
Hello All I know what the 412 board does but what is the 800 board do does it connect into the 412 board ?

Typically the MOH device will connect to the RCA jack...and...you connect the adapter to the selected port on the 800LS/GS-ID via an 8P8C cable.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

8p8c cable is a rj45 cat 5 e ?? no to big rj11 ?? Tell me what a 8P8C IS ! THANK YOU !!

8p8c stands for "8 position 8 conductor". Flat cable as well as CAT3, CAT5 or CAT6 cabling can be used. Most people do refer to 8p8c as RJ-45.

Having said that, the jacks on the 800GS/LS-ID card are 6p4c...6 position 4 conductor...otherwise known as RJ-11.

So you would use a cable terminated with 6p4c plugs. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

ok guys thank you for all your help I have located the programming station it is station 3 and also I have the moh working Now I have question here it is.. ok when you call into the office after 3 rings a message come on and it is the message for station 10, my ? is how do I make the message longer (message now is only 5 sec) so I can leave detailed info on ext number w/ names etc ...and I would like it to ring more like 5 times be a message answers

The answer to the first question depends on if the recording is the auto attendant or a voicemail box.

If the greeting is the auto attendant, you would need to log into the voicemail as the Administrator->9->3->Enter the attendant number you wish to use->Choose day or night menu->follow the prompts to record the new greeting.

I think the above is the correct sequence. If not, a correction will follow. [smile]

I don't have the procedure on how to increase the delay in front of me, but, it involves Calling Groups and Covering. One of the lead techs will be able to fill in the gaps. [smile].

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

I dont know if it is the voicemail or auto att how do u acess the auto att ?

It is a recording stating company name and that's it . I remember recording the message and i could only get in 5 words before it would cut off . I was looking thru the system programming from stAtion 13 and did not see an auto ATt I saw a night no auto attn

I would guess that your extension is either set as the principal user of the lines, or it is the lowest logical id that has voicemail coverage.

To make the auto attendant answer on a delayed basis, you need to go to group calling, pick an unused group such as 791, assign the lines there, set it to overflow after 25 seconds to voicemail, and then create mailbox 791 and assign auto attendant to it.

You can find my cheat sheets here

TOMMY WHAT IS 1.Press "Chk Msg's" MEAN WHAT BUTTON IS THAT ?

1.Press "Chk Msg's" MEAN WHAT BUTTON IS THAT ?" means....

"Step 1 - press the button on the phone that has been programmed to dial the calling group assigned to the voicemail"

So on your phones, it is typical to program a button to allow the user to get to the voicemail system by pressing a single button instead of dialing a 3-digit calling group number. The calling group number is typically 770, although I usually use group 777 instead, so it is the same code as on a Partner system (just because I installed Partners and Legend during the same time period). The button might be labeled "Chk Msg's" (Check Messages), "Get Voicemail", "Call Voicemail", "AD-770" or whatever the installer/programmer decided on. I created those cheat sheets so that when I am in the field, I can pull up and print out user guides for my customers, so I did them with my own terminology and how I would label the buttons.

Hope that helps!

check this out I came into office and went to call out on station 10 and it was denied .. so then I went over to ext 16 and called the office phone number and it would ring once and fordward to some company in los angeles. so I resetted the system to default and everything ok except for the music on hold etc.. MY QUESTION IS DID SOMEBODY HACK INTO MY PHONE SYSTEM?? IF SO HOW DO I MAKE IT WHERE ITY CANT BE HACKED INTO.. ALSO MY VOICEMAIL DOES NOT WORK !! HELP

In order to hack into a Merlin Magix telephone system, the hacker would need to have access to WinSPM, know your telephone number as well as the passwords that go along with WinSPM. If they wanted to hack into your voicemail, they would need to know the voicemail model, release and backdoor password for that particular model and release.

Can you provide an exact description of what is happening with your voicemail because 'doesn't work' is a bit too broad. Is this Magix actively being used or is more of a "test" system?

I would like to ask again, if an Avaya Partner ACS/Avaya Partner Messaging combination would be a better fit for you company's needs as opposed to the Avaya Merlin Magix [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

I got the vm to work but I need to setup aa and a message stating that thank you for call bla bla press 10 for tech dept press 12 or 16 for sales and press 11 for accounting ..... I have no idea how to set that up and links or info would be great thank in advance !!

Key mode is there any programming Manuela for dumb people like one that is worded for dumb persons lol

Manuals available at support.avaya.com try this one
Basic way to get the calls to the automated attendant

Assign the lines to an unused calling group, such as 791 (Extensions, Group Calling, Lines and Trunks, 791-Enter, then each line number and Enter)

Make group 791 overflow to your voicemail calling group (are you using 770?) (Extensions, Group Calling, Overflow, 791-Enter, 770-Enter, Number Based Overflow, Backspace out the current number put in 99-enter, Time Based Overflow, backspace out the current number and put in the number of seconds you want calls to ring before the auto attendant answers and Enter)

Now log into voicemail system administrator's mailbox and go to extensions. put in 791 as the extension number, and select option 3 to assign it to an automated attendant, then the AA number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back