Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

408 ID-LS MLX caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcorookie

Technical User
May 21, 2009
Hi guys, working with a customers legend and having problem getting the caller id to work. I have set all lines (4) to loop start, verified with the CO that the service is installed on the lines (4). When a caller calls in, the display shows outsie>no caller id

Any ideas? Thanks

ID is sent between the first and second ring. Are you waiting long enough before answering call?

I changed the voicemail to delayed answer. So yes the phones ring about 4-5 times before the voicemail picks up. Still just shows Outside > No Caller Id

Have you tested at the demarc with a butt-set and a CID box to confirm that CID is being sent?

I am on my way to test the CID with a CID box at the moment. Will update you after i test that.

Also post the revision of the processor.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

You have to check under lines and trunks-more
"loop start ID delay" That will give the system time to receive the cid..

I let the ball drop on this one for a while, i really need to pick it up and fix this issue.

Since my last post i have done several things which include.
Connected butt-set and CID box. Worked fine
Turned Voicemail off completly and let the system ring ring ring, Caller ID never showed up.

(papagigo1) I then looked in lines and trunks - more - loop start ID delay, and no trunks were listed. I tried to add the trunks 801, 802 etc.. but it would not allow me add these.

I am unsure where to see the revision of the processor other then on the front it has CKE4 or something similar (sorry didnt write that part down). I did pull a system invetory and noticed something weird. The 1st slot is a 408 GS/LS-ID MLX module, But in winspm under system invetory the board shows to be a 408 GLU. Slot 2 has a 408 GS/LS MLX which does not have caller id. and in win spm it shows up as being a 408 gs/ls mlx and lastly there is a 007 voicemail boards which in winspm shows up as 012 module.

Any ideas what i could do to try and get the caller ID working?

Thank You in advance.

telcorookie,

Go into SPM,

System program>>start>>lines and trunks>> more>>
>> LS-ID Delay then choose your CO trunks with CID.
1=801 2=802 so forth.. Does this help?

Mike

SPKR *05 will show you the release.

You must be at R7

Release 7.0 software also supports the Caller ID capability of
the 408 GS/LS-ID-MLX module. Although previously orderable,
the Caller ID capability of this module could not be used until
Release 7.0 software became available.

I am on my way to the site to see what Revision the Processor is. Thanks TTT

papagigo1: I went where you specified and tried 801 enter, 1 enter, 001 enter and winspm just beeps at me and does not accept anything i put there.

Will update soon..

Thanks

You don't enter 801 you click the 1 button to activate the delay on CO line 801..

Mike

Update

I went to the office and dialed speaker *05 and it shows that we have rev. 6.1

So i guess my next question is, "What is the most affordable way to get rev 7?

Thank You

Ok, thanks

Didn't know if there was a pcmcia card i could upgrade with, or if i had to purchase the module with the firmware on it.

Cheers

In some cases a processor could be flashed to a higher release. But at this point, with so much refurbished Merlin Legend equipment on the secondary market, replacing the processor is the way to go.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back