Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

406v2 Static/Squelch on IP phones? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varmit57

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2007
US
On all my IP Phones there is a 1/2sec. squelch/static sound about every 5 to 10 minutes. I'm having a hard time getting any hard evidence on when it happens.

I have a 406v2 with two PRI cards, a 30 port VCM, An analog 16, a Phone 8, and 2 digital 30 modules with about 45 IP phones and 75 digital.

I’m running 4.07

Any Ideas please….

Start the monitor, open the filter then tick all H.323 options.

Make the call and look what happens on that time.

Greetzz...Bas

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Just had a user stop in and say that it is almost all incoming long distance call and they are on a digital phone, not a IP phone? We have an AT&T T1 for thouse calls.

Sounds like a synchronisation problem on your digital line.
Make sure one PRI is set to "Network" and the other one as "Fallback" for syncing.
You can see it happen in Monitor, the IPO will switch synchronising between the two PRI's wich can be heard as a tick or static on the line especial if the audio of the line is poor quality.

Both my PRI's are set on Network?

One handles long distance and is connected to one T1.

The other is for local calls and is connected to a diffrent T1.

Set one of them to fall back.
We see this come up alot on here.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

I always like to clock against the most reliable circuit.
By that I mean.

Ie,

Circuit A Uptime 100%
Circuit B Uptime 99.%

I choose A.

Circuit A Crappy Copper
Circuit B Fibre

I choose B.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

OK I set Fallback but I can't restart it tell later tonight to see if that fixes it though.

Thanks for all the help.

Sure you can :)
Send an email you will reboot in 10 minutes

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

i agree, i hate working late because they dont want disruption for 5 minutes

is it happening on long distance calls or local ones, that should narrow down the circuit with the problem if it is the trunk circuit.
Maybe give one user a digital phone and ask them to monitor the fault and see if they experience the same issues.

As for the software level, get them on 4.0(14) as all previous versions of 4.0 are very unreliable.

It seemed to have fixed it!

We run two diffrent call centers in this building, so I have specific times when I can restart the phones system.

It was on the long distance calls only.

Thanks for the help!

So i gave the answer and another get the star :-( but i am glad you solved your problem:)

Sorry, I ment to give you both one.

This issue has been a thorn in my side for a while.

OK for the most part I thought this was fixed.

This morning I was on the phone and heard it again. It was very short and not as often so it seems to be a lot better but still a issue.

Have any ideas what I need to check next? I'm downloading the update to 4.0(14) but don't have much confidence that it will make much diffrence.

OK guys, This is still a issue for me. Its alot better then it was but it is still there, just shorter then it was in the past.

Any Ideas?

Is your system grounded ?
Is the PRI modem grounded ?
Is your system upgraded to the latest version ?
4.0.7 is not a good version at all !!!

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

The that it is mounted in is grounded + I have another ground conneted to the back of the main unit.

I have upgraded to 4.0.12, This started back in 3.1, I have upgraded software 3 or 4 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back