Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

406 V2 4.0 5420 "please wait"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe1

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
US
I have upgraded a new IPO 406 V2 to Rel 4.0. The display in the digital set say "please wait" and does nothing. What step have I missed?

Make sure your working dir is set to the manager folder, "C:\program files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager". It's probably unable to find the files to update the phones through the TFTP server, or it may just be a TFTP issue. Check that your TFTP address is set correctly in the system tab.

Make sure you have the right manager program running and that the TFTP server IP Address in the 406 is the same one otherwise it will be looking in the wrong place. If it is downloading the firmware update you will see it in the TFTP viewer. If not it will fail. Also be careful once it starts downloading the files to the handsets it can take a while but it will tell you in the display!

In short with out me waffling on!

TFTP Server Address set?
Firewall off?
Working directory pointing to 5420/5410 bin?
Manager or other 3rd party TFTP server set?

Reboot system if they are not pulling off bins.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

The TFTP interface on 4.0(10) manager is very unstable, I would suggest a third party TFTP server like Pumpkin.
Sometimes if you simply shut down manager and reopen the files start sending OK

Just my 2 cents

ipo.gif

Did you uprgade your digital module in two steps ???

First 3.2.999 and then 4.0.10

Like the rest said the phones need an upgrade too
Sometimes not all phone will go at the forst time and are stuck in "please wait"
Unplug then and plug them back in will do the trick (most of the time)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

One thing I have found - especially on the 500 - if you dont have the bin for the 5410_r2 the set will not start - both bins have to be in your working directory (5410_R5 and 5410_R2)

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back