Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

406 digital static on transfer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

levskipetrov

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2009
US
I need a little help on a 406 I am troubleshooting. It has a 30 digital station expansion module, 16 port analog trunk module and the system itself. There are 9 POTS lines also. I am able to conference two trunk lines together, but when I try to transfer one trunk to another, I get this digital static noise that is so bad that the callers cant hear each other at all. I figured that since conferencing takes place in the controller and transferring in the trunk module, replace the trunk module, but that didn't help. Prior to that, the telco was out to check their lines and determined them to be within spec's. Also, it may be related, the phones get fairly bad feed back when the are on speaker phone but only on an outside line. I set the echo cancellation delay to various different setting but it did not make a difference (I think that is what that is what that is suppose to fix). Thanks for your help.

are all cards/modules upgraded to the same release? Is the system grounded?

yes and yes. I also defaulted the system, upgraded and reloaded the config

Do you perhaps are on software 4.X ?
If yes then did you upgrade the DS module to 3.2.999 first ?

The DS module must be a DSV2,if V1 then you can upgrade it to 4.X straight away !

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

The DS is a V2, and that brings up another item I am not real clear on. When upgrading in the correct order from a downgrade, or even just trying to downgrade, (pardon my ignorance) how is this accomplished? When I was restoring from default, the upgrade wizard only gave me the latest release option. Do I have to download these files from Avaya's website to my laptop or does the wizard do all the foot work?

Right click in the upgrade wizard and change the working directory to the 3.2.999 folder (which is inside the Manager folder) once that's done you will see version 3.2.999 available :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Thanks for that info! Where do I find the proper order of upgrading, or is it best to go right up through them all?

The table below shows the necessary steps that must be taken to upgrade to release 4.2

Platform Current Release Upgrade Step 1 Upgrade Step 2
SOE 2.1 3.2(999) Loader Load 4.2
SOE 3 3.2(999) Loader Load 4.2
SOE 3.1 3.2(999) Loader Load 4.2
SOE 3.2 3.2(999) Loader Load 4.2
SOE 4 Load 4.2
IP406v2 2.1(27) Load 2.1(35) and higher Load 4.2
IP406v2 2.1(35) and higher Load 4.2
IP406v2 3 Load 4.2
IP406v2** 3.1(62) and lower 3.1.999 Loader ** Load 4.2
IP406v2 3.1(63) and higher Load 4.2
IP406v2 3.2 Load 4.2
IP406v2 4 Load 4.2
IP412 2.1 Load 4.2
IP412 3 Load 4.2
IP412 3.1 Load 4.2
IP412 3.2 Load 4.2
IP412 4 Load 4.2
IP500*** 4.0.0*** Load 4.2
IP500 4 Load 4.2
DSv2 module* 2.1 3.2(999) Loader* Load 4.2
DSv2 module* 3 3.2(999) Loader* Load 4.2
DSv2 module* 3.1 3.2(999) Loader* Load 4.2
DSv2 module* 3.2 3.2(999) Loader* Load 4.2
DSv2 module* 4 Load 4.2
All other modules 2.1/3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0 Load 4.2

* Note: When upgrading DSv2 modules to the 3.2(999) release an additional step may be needed. If the modules are attached to an IP406v2 system the Upgrade Wizard will report an error if there is not an IP406u.bin file in the V3_2_999 directory. Please copy the IP406u.bin file from the Manager directory to the V3_2_999 directory before attempting to upgrade the DSv2 expansion modules.
** Note: The 3.1.999 loader can be found in the bin\IP406v2\V3_1_999 directory of the admin CD or in the Manager\V3_1_999
*** Note: The IP Office 500 system is shipped from the factory with software version 4.0.0 installed. This is not a fully functioning version of software and MUST be upgraded to the IP Office 4.2 software.

Thanks socalsteve! I will try defaulting again tomorrow and upgrading in the correct order and let you all know the results. Thanks again!

You may also want to try NOT loading your existing config, but rather making a new one with enough info to test. This will tell you if your config is bad.
Mike

Andy im gonna give you a star for that. i ALWAYS started the upgrade wizard, realised my directory was set wrong then came out, set it through file> and then went back in again. i had no idea you could change the directory from the upgrade wizard. nice one.

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

Never knew this one :)
I think Andy did to much herbal :p

RTFM.gif

A day where you teach tlpeter something is a good day. lol.

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

No worries, I discovered it a couple of years ago by just wondering if right clicking did anyhthing in the upgrade wizard...and it did :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

There are enough things i still do not know to be honest but i think it is not interesting enough
But thanks for the complement :)

RTFM.gif

Heres what happend today:

1. Got up late and was late for work
2. Wife gave me the cold shoulder
3. Missed my exit on the highway, consiquently, even more late for work
4. Couldn't get ahold of the customer because their system inadvertently got put on night-mode via the DND button on a phone somewhere.
5. Customer calls me wondering where I am, why am I not there, why cant they get any calls
6. Hit someones dog with my van, consiquently, even more late for work
7. No parking places at work
8. Tried to downgrade the 406 to 3.2 and it crashed
9. Spent the next 4 hours trying to get in through the DTE port which also had what is still an unresolved, unknown problem
10. Corprate calls and is furious with my reverse progress
11. Ran out of coffee
12. Things begin to turn around here - system restored itself to default somehow
13. In default, I noticed that the gain levels under the line/analog options was set to zero db but my original cofig was set to +4.0 db
14. Upgraded to 4.2, reloaded corrected config - solved all my problems!

Thanks for everyones input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back