Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4050 pcl 6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Windows 2000 server - Print Server
Windows Xp os - Workstations
MS Office Xp pro - apps

problem: Sometimes the printer will cut off half a page, half a line, or even just half of a name..

We have XP drivers on the server so we got the latest there.. It doesn't always do it, that's the funny thing.. We've messed around with Office, XP, and the server to try and figure this out, but nothing seems to fix it permanetly. It's only that printer too, it's fairly new, like a year and half or so.. If they print the same document to a 2200 laser it prints just fine, the entire document...

Just lookin for ideas.. "tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool..
then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

"I should of been a doctor.." Me

I am experiencing this same problem. Did you ever resolve this? I realize your post is old. I have this problem on 2 4050 printers. I have even backed off to the latest drivers for PCL 5, and it still occurs. It does seem limited to Windows XP.

If you have a nt4 server with xp drivers aka mode 3 drivers on the nt 4 server these problems occour. If it is a windows 2000 server use pcl6 the pcl5 is a bit flakey for this model.

Don't forget to test the latest PCL5e drivers as well. Some users such as myself had problems with PCL6 and the PCL5 "enhanced" version works with fewer issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back