Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

404 Not Found error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksterbeagle

Technical User
Feb 15, 2016
US
I have programmed an incoming call route on an IP Office control unit using a telephone number supplied by my client.
When I dial the number, I get a fast busy.
The client contacted the service provider, and they are telling her that when they test the line, they get kicked back with a "404 Not Found" error.
They are telling her that the "number is probably not built in the switch".

Does anyone know what might be happening here?

What is strange here is that there are other DID's on the same circuit pointing to other extensions set up the same way as the one that gets the error.
All of the other DID's work just fine.

Are you sure that DDI is actually coming in on the same trunk as the others? Where did they get it from? Also the number needs to be entered exactly as the others, so if they are prefixed with the international dial code as most SIP numbers are then it needs to match.

Failing that you'll need to use monitor to see if it's even hitting the system, SIP isn't easy to do without at least basic understanding of how it and the IPO works though...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back